Re: Help with triggers

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 01:00:09 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Arthur_Correa_at_wda.disney.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 20:41:26 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if there was any way I could put a trigger on a system table.
>Essentially I want to trigger some SQL whenever a client connects to Oracle,
>but from what I am hearing I can't put a trigger on any of the system tables.
>
>Is there some way I could get around this?
>
>Thanks for your help,
>Artie

You cannot create triggers on objects owned by SYS:

Connected.
SQL> create table foo ( x int );

Table created.

SQL> create trigger foo_trig after insert on foo   2 begin
  3 null;
  4 end;
  5 /
create trigger foo_trig after insert on foo

               *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04089: cannot create triggers on objects owned by SYS

you currently cannot fire a trigger upon logon....

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue Sep 29 1998 - 20:00:09 CDT