OCIAttrGet: Getting the 'scale' information of a column

From: <rrachamallu_at_nquire.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 23:23:02 GMT

Hi folks,
  I have a SQL table with a column 'UnitPrice' defined as "number(9,2) default 0.0"
  In my application I have a query which does a select of some columns. One of the columns is 'UnitPrice'. I am doing a OCIStmtExecute with the OCI_DESCRIBE_ONLY option. Then I do a OCIParamGet to get the descriptor for each column. On this descriptor, I do a bunch of OCIAttrGet's to get the attributes(data type, name, scale etc.) of each column.   The problem is that on the column 'UnitPrice', OCIAttrGet is returning a scale of 0 instead of 2.
  Is there anybody who has encountered this problem? Is there a solution or a work-around for this problem?
  Any information regarding this problem is greatly appreciated.

thanks.
reddy rachamallu