Re: Gnu C-compiler on Sparc Solaris and Oracle

From: Jim Hamp <jkhamp_at_frii.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:08:25 -0600

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Karsten Weikop wrote:

> According to Oracle, the GNU c-compiler is not supported on Sparc
> Solaris together with Oracle.
>
> My question is, if it is possible to use the GNU c-compiler together
> with PRO*c and Oracle.

It is *possible* depending on what you are compiling but certainly not recommended. The recommended compiler is the SPARCworks version 4.0 or higher.

Jim Hamp
Technical Analyst
Oracle Worldwide Support
Warning! Any advice I give in this newsgroup is done on my own, and not to be considered official from Oracle Worldwide Support. Received on Tue Sep 29 1998 - 18:08:25 CDT