Re: Help with triggers

From: Jim Hamp <jkhamp_at_frii.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:21:16 -0600

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 Arthur_Correa_at_wda.disney.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there was any way I could put a trigger on a system table.
> Essentially I want to trigger some SQL whenever a client connects to Oracle,
> but from what I am hearing I can't put a trigger on any of the system tables.
>
> Is there some way I could get around this?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Artie

AFAIK you can put a trigger on a system table, just be warned that it's not officially supported. What tables do you want to put a trigger on?

Jim Hamp
Technical Analyst
Oracle Worldwide Support
WARNING! Any advice I give in this newsgroup is strictly on my own and not to be considered official from Oracle Worldwide Support. Received on Tue Sep 29 1998 - 16:21:16 CDT