v$session_wait message

From: Cheng-Jih Chen <cjc_at_interport.net>
Date: 29 Sep 1998 16:19:31 -0400

I'm querying v$session_wait on a particular session and am seeing this:

EVENT                             STATUS
--------------------------------- -----------------
SQL*Net more data from client     WAITING

What exactly does this wait event mean? As far as we can tell, the program shouldn't be stopped at that point.

Querying v$session and v$sql, we see this:

STATUS                   FIXED_TABLE_SEQUENCE
ACTIVE                   2129

PREVIOUS_SQL

update cms_queue set proc_status=:b0 where pkg_name=:b1

CURRENT_SQL

update cms_queue set proc_status=:b0 where pkg_name=:b1

There do not appear to be active transactions when looking at v$transaction, and the fixed table sequence is not incrementing.

Any idea where to look next? Thanks. Received on Tue Sep 29 1998 - 15:19:31 CDT