Re: Rollback Segments

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:28:27 GMT

No one can answer this question without looking at your set-up. Why do you feel that you need to resize the rollback segments? It's a matter of your own judgement. If you were given the responsibility of the Oracle Database, have them send you to the DBA classes. If you're looking for a consultant, I'm available...joking. Anyway here are some useful tips: 1. make sure that your Rollback segments are listed in the init<sid>.ora file 2. you can select on the following to obtain information about your current setup: DBA_ROLLBACK_SEGS V$ROLLSTAT V$ROLLNAME 3. create at leaste one huge private rollback segment for your programmers, developers who have those Updates from hell. Again, the term "huge" depends on your current set-up.

You have to know how your database is being used and how much transactions transpire throughout the day, ect. There is no real answer to your question.

--
Satar Naghshineh
Oracle DBA/ UNIX System Admin