Patches required to eliminate hang with 'MLOCK' HP-UX

From: <cavenewt_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 14:53:07 GMT

Does anyone know the current patches that are required to eliminate oracle hanging after giving oracle MLOCK privelleges on an HP-UX system with Online-JFS installed?

[background]
Our system gets a fair number of these messages in the syslog

Sep 28 23:54:14 steel vmunix: process pid == 2013 does not have memory
Sep 28 23:54:14 steel vmunix:  locking privileges required for using
Sep 28 23:54:14 steel vmunix:   large text pages in this system version
Sep 28 23:54:14 steel vmunix:    see setprivgrp(1m)
Sep 28 23:54:14 steel vmunix: process pid == 2017 does not have memory
Sep 28 23:54:14 steel vmunix:  locking privileges required for using
Sep 28 23:54:14 steel vmunix:   large text pages in this system version
Sep 28 23:54:14 steel vmunix:    see setprivgrp(1m)

I'm told that by adding oracle MLOCK to the /etc/privgroup file, this will solve the problem. Grep-ing the oracle executable for the setprivgrp string supports this approach. However, on our HP-UX system, oracle (svrmgrl) hangs after this is done. I've seen a past post which states that this is caused by having Online-JFS installed. A patch was suggested, but that patch has been superceded. Can anyone point me where an appropriate solution lies. One that I can verify?
--
http://www.nethole.com