Re: MTS configuration

From: Avion Consulting & Services <a_at_b.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 00:45:06 +1000

Check the following :
a. lsnrctl status listener_name
This should list 1 dedicated and n shared connections. If mts is not enabled, you will see only the dedicated server. Also, check for connections made, refused etc.

b. Log in to sql+ as a DBA.
select sid, username, server from v$session. The sessions with the server column as 'dedicated' have been established using dedicated servers, while session with the shared column in ( NONE, SHARED ) indicate shared connection.

c. select from the mts views ... v$mts, v$shared_server, v$dispatcher, v$queue for details on the shared servers, dispatchers, request and response queues.

d. If connections are all DEDICATED, check in the alertlog for any errors while spawning shared server, dispatche processes.

e. Check whether the client sqlnet.ora string USE_DEDICATED_SERVER=true is not on

This hould certainly cover your problems

Sridhar Subramaniam

<01bdeac2$5ec70c20$b8ce2aca_at_mis1-184.yas.com.sg>...