Re: 'Internal Error' on Oracle Web App Server

From: R Fray <russ_at_u-net.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 10:22:21 GMT

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998 21:43:05 GMT, staylor_at_petrolsoft.com wrote:

>Hey there,
>
> I've had the same problem with my application. I'm running OWAS 3.0.1 for
>NT (export version). I've been researching this problem all over the web for
>the past two months. Everybody seems to have the problem, but nobody has the
>answer. However, I have heard various suggestions about what the problem is.

I've actually solved it ;)

I phoned Oracle support who were EXTREMELY helpful (thanks guys!).

It turns out that the number of instances of the pl/sql cartridge is by default set to 30. Ie, as soon as more than 30 pl/sql functions try to run at the same time, the error is received.

Go to your web based admin page/port, and select :

Web Application Server Manager
Oracle Web Application Server
Cartridge Administration
PLSQL Cartridge
- Scroll down and select 'Configure Web Request Broker parameters for PL/SQL ' You'll find the culprit as 'Maximum # of instances'. I've upped mine from 30 to 200.

Click 'Modify Cartridge'.

I then did a complete shutdown and restart of the database, web listeners, etc - just to be on the safe side. It didn't become active until after the restart but just doing the web listeners should suffice.

That has now solved the problem for me, although Oracle support are also going to be providing some patches for me just to be on the safe side.

Regards,
Russell Fray.

--

Russell Fray
U-NET Ltd. Received on Tue Sep 29 1998 - 05:22:21 CDT