Re: how can I invoke SQLLoader with PL/SQL

From: Marcus N Hofer <markus_at_tk136248.telekabel.at>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:56:01 +0200

in the sense of portability using utl_file within PL/SQL would be the most elegant way
to solve my problem, no doubt. for that reason it was indeed the first strategy to solve
my problem. the reasons why I want to use SQLloader now are 1) SQLloader kind of 'knows' a lot about input data files. think of the treatment

    of logical/physical records for instance, and as you mentioned, utl_file     is a kind of ... hmmm... C code level ;-)) 2) I have to do massive loads and I feer a performance lack using utl_file in

    interpreted PL/SQL. Though I must admit this is only a suggestion, I never

    really tried to load data with utl_file. has anyone? thanks for thinking about my problem,

--marcus

bonanos_at_yahoo.com schrieb in Nachricht <6untdq$1ue$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...