Re: Join Table

From: Ng K C Paul <paulkcng_at_news.netvigator.com>
Date: 1998/09/28

No, for your join in your select statement, only one row would be returned. What I want is the join that returns 5 rows as using the key from tab1 and tab2 but the keys are different value. I want to know if it is possible to join tables with different key values as indicated in my sample data.

Craig Kickel (ckickel_at_micron.net) wrote:
: Is this what you mean?
:
: SELECT *
: FROM tab1
: WHERE tab1_key = (SELECT MAX(tab2_key) FROM tab2)
:
: --Craig
:
: Ng K C Paul wrote in message <6ufj5d$557$1_at_imsp009a.netvigator.com>...
: >Is it possible to join two tables based on certain criteria? For example,
: >
: >tab1_key tab2_key
: >-------- --------
: >10 9
: >20 18
: >30 27
: >40 39
: >50 50
: >
: >Table2 with key smaller or equal to table1.
: >
: >Can I select the maximun of key of table2 and join with table1?
:
: