Re: Disadvantage of Unlimited extent?

From: Pavel Polcar <pavel.polcar_at_berit.cz>
Date: 1998/09/28

Hi,

we should not mix two things: one is unlimited extents for a table and the other is unlimited maxsize for a file. We can have a table with unlimited extents and still the maxsize can be limited. I think the main disadvantage of unlimited extents is performance degradation if the table grows and has not been reorganized for a long time.

Regards,

--
Pavel Polcar