Re: 'Internal Error' on Oracle Web App Server

From: <staylor_at_petrolsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 21:43:05 GMT

In article <360a3ee6.606389642_at_news.u-net.com>,   russ_at_u-net.net (R Fray) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd appreciate it if somebody could assist me with the following.
>
> During heavy usage on Web Application Server, people are frequently
> getting 'Internal Error' returned. Upon hitting 'reload' a few times,
> things sort themselves out. It appears to be affected by the number
> of simultaneous calls to the listener.
>
> Does anybody have a list of patches (plus download location!), or a
> possible solution for :
>
> Solaris 2.6
> Oracle 8.0.4.0.0
> Web App Server 3.0.1.8.0
>
> I have installed the usual SunSolve patches for Solaris but have not
> installed anthing other than the application for Oracle and Web App.
>
> Please cc replies to russ_at_u-net.net
>
> Thanks,
> Russell.
>
> --
>
> Russell Fray
> U-NET Ltd.

Hey there,

  I've had the same problem with my application. I'm running OWAS 3.0.1 for NT (export version). I've been researching this problem all over the web for the past two months. Everybody seems to have the problem, but nobody has the answer. However, I have heard various suggestions about what the problem is. So, I'll try to let ya know and maybe you can test them.

  One answer I heard was that it was a problem with 3.0, and that you needed to upgrade to 3.0.1. Furthermore, they said that if you had the export version, you would need a patch called wr1.dll. I'm running a demo copy currently, so I have not been able to get this patch and test it.

     Somebody else suggested that it was due to using authentication, because it was really buggy in 3.0. They suggested upgrading to 3.0.1.0.1 which supposedly has a better authentication process. Again, I haven't been able to test this since I'm working with sensitive data, and I don't want to try removing authentication to see if that's a problem.

     That's the only useful suggestions I heard. The other one I heard from a lot of people was to upgrade to 4.0, since it supposedly contains a lot of bug fixes and patches, but I'm hesitant to install that.

     Your best bet is to contact Oracle if you have support from them. I'm sure that they are aware of this problem. But, whatever you do, please let me know if you find out anything.

-Scott Taylor
-Petrolsoft Corporation