Re: Oracle 7.3 - TCP/IP Sockets

From: MotoX <rat_at_tat.a-tat.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 16:56:51 +0100

Hmm...

I'm still not entirely sure *what* you are actually trying to achieve?...

  1. If you need to communicate between two Oracle databases on servers that are connected by TCP (to exchange data, for instance), then forget the TCP/IP low-level bits. Oracle SQL*Net (once configured correctly) will do everthing for you. Look at database links, and choose your tool (sqlplus, etc.).
  2. If you need to communicate between two systems exchanging data that has nothing to do with Oracle whatsoever - which is what you seem to be implying - then don't use PL/SQL. Use C/C++/Perl/Java, etc. to do it.

MotoX.