Re: Scheduling a Pl/Sql program

From: Pepe Lima <lima_at_ensa.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 09:41:00 +0200

Jurij:

>Have you restarted the database after this changes?!
Yes,
>The sintax looks OK to me, except there is a missing single quote at
>the end of the specification of the "interval" parameter (where I
>inserted a _^_ marker in your code). But I belive this is just a typo
>in the message, otherwise PL/SQL block would not compile.
Yes, it is a typo
>What does

  SELECT job, next_date, next_sec, failures, total_time   FROM user_jobs;
>say?

before execute dbms_job.run(4);

      JOB NEXT_DAT NEXT_SEC FAILURES TOTAL_TIME --------- -------- -------- --------- ----------

        4 25/09/98
after execute dbms_job.run(4);

      JOB NEXT_DAT NEXT_SEC FAILURES TOTAL_TIME --------- -------- -------- --------- ----------

        4 29/09/98 05:00:00 0 1
>Have you probably try to run it manualy, using DBMS_JOB.RUN procedure
>(and perhaps with a simple SYSDATE in your "next_date" parameter, so
>that you don't have to wait until 5:00 next morning for the first
>execution)?

I typed execute dbms_job.run(4); and it executes inmediately and changes the response from sys.job$ like you can see above (?)

Jose Lima
lima_at_ensa.org
ENSA, Vigo, Spain Received on Mon Sep 28 1998 - 02:41:00 CDT