Raw Partition

From: Netproinc2 <netproinc2_at_aol.com>
Date: 28 Sep 1998 05:10:56 GMT

Hi All,

I have a doubt about the UNIX storage stru.

Can I use raw partitions for archive logs?

    No. Archive logs must be stored on a partition with a UNIX filesystem.

Providing I am not using Parallel Server, can I use a mixture of raw partitions and filesystem files for my tablespace locations?

    Yes. The drawback is that this makes your backup strategy more     complicated.

ie., We can have mixture of raw partitions and filesystem.

My doubt is that:

1.Can I have raw partition and filesystem files in one tablespace?
2.If Yes,send the syntax.
3.once you defined the datafile(s) or tablespace in Raw partition can we change
it to filesystem?
  or other way around?
4.If Yes, Send the Syntex.

Thanks,
Ranga Reddy.   Received on Mon Sep 28 1998 - 00:10:56 CDT