Re: A newbie question

From: David <darussell_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 22:04:02 +0100

I suspect you are refering to array fetching, once a SQL statement has been parsed, executed and fetched on the server size the rows are available to be fetched by the client side application. These rows can be fetched in arrays (n rows at a time) to avoid network round trips, how this is achieved depends on the client side language. Many other interfaces support array's includeing PL/SQL for array binds, etc.

Regards
David Russell

THORGOOD wrote in message <19980925153418.08090.00001681_at_ng110.aol.com>...

>Hi, My name is Sharon . . . . I'm new to this discussion group and I'm
>learning alot. I keep hearing talk about setting arrays or arraysizes.
What
>is an array and what is it used for... Also can anyone recommend sites
that
>have online help and tutorial that will help me strengthen my skills?
Thanx