Re: recover of single data object in oracle

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 13:31:21 -0700

Restoring the backup to a separate location is a good idea. You might be able to just restore the controlfile, the system tablespace, any tablespaces containing active rollback segments, and the tablespace with the table in it, then offline drop the other datafiles in the database.

Then do a "recover database using backup controlfile until time nnn" substituting a time prior to the table getting messed up. Then you can export the table and import it into your production database, like Chris said.

Isn't Oracle 8i supposed to allow this kind of object point-in-time recovery? That would be cool.

Good luck!

--
Jeremiah Wilton http://www.wolfenet.com/~jeremiah