Re: Making View Dataset's persistent in Memory

From: Remington XU <remxub_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 08:00:55 -0500

What do you mean 'Persistent'?

If the sql command such as select * from view_name are the same in syntax, Oracle shoud only parse it once in memory and the following same sql should not be parsed again. The only possibility of reparsing is that there is not enough memory for the share_sql_pool some the parse sql may be flushed and have to be reparsed again.

The actual data block retrieved from the table should always behave like this, execept the there is not enough momery for the data_buffer so it may be flushed and have to be read from the disk again.