Oracle 8i

From: Yan Ge <yage_at_waksman.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 03:30:44 -0400

Hi! There. I am planning to take some ORACLE training courses to become an ORACLE
developer. But due to the recent release of ORACLE 8i Beta version, I am some confused. I would appreciate it very much if anyone who has experience with O-8i and knows the answers to my following questions can

drop me a line or two.

  1. Is ORACLE 8i =ORACEL8 + enhanced web-related features? Or in other words, can O-8i do whatever O-8 can do? If so, Should I wait to learn O-8i instead of learning O-8 now since it seems that at least they differ at the level of file system --will the knowledge of O-8 still useful for O-8i, if not 100%, approximately how much?
  2. Since Desinger 2000 is for Client/server systems, will it be useless for O-8i which is designed for internet computing?
  3. How much or in what kind of aspect will O-8i change the roles of tools, eg. Developer 2000, JDeveloper and AppBuilder for Java, in web applications development?

Thanks in advance for your response to these maybe stupid questions.

Sincerely,

Yan Ge Received on Sat Sep 26 1998 - 02:30:44 CDT