Re: Delphi and Oracle: data type problem

From: Joe Brown <joebrownNO_SPAM_me_very_MUCH_at_leading.net>
Date: 1998/09/25

comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc is more appropriate for this Q.

Delphi Integer is 32 bits. Which does include up to 10 digits, however 9,999,999,999 is not a valid delphi integer because it's greater than 2 to the 32nd power.

Delphi floating point's are accurate for up to 15 digits, hence the conversion.

I set my Primary Keys in Oracle for 20 digits. Took a while to figure out why delphi kept choking when I forced them to be integer. Don't know what will happen if the 15 digit limit is exceeded. I suppose when the ID's reach that limit, I'll be dead and burried... :-o

--
joebrown
@leading.net