I got my beta copy of Oracle8 for Linux today ... And it works (with some help)

From: Jerry Abramson <jerry_abramson_at_stratus.com>
Date: 1998/09/25

There is a stripped down version of the install program (which is actually
easier to use). It took a while to get all the right admin sql scripts loaded in, but not too bad.

Create a tablespace, a user, a table, and some data. Loaded in the sample
sql tables (emp, etc.) successfully. Only takes 10 seconds to come up on a PII, shuts down very fast.

Great move Oracle !!

                                                                 Jerry
Abramson

   Stratus Computer Corporation - 1 (508) 460-2109 - jerry_abramson_at_stratus.com Received on Fri Sep 25 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT