Re: Writing to named Pipes

From: <kjohnson29_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/09/25

One thing I forgot to mention, is that I would like the receiving process (reader) to be a non-DBMS_PIPE program. In other words, I would like to use a normal Unix named pipe and read from it with a Perl script. My limited knowledge of DBMS_PIPE leads me to believe I can't do this. I was hoping to use UTL_FILE to open a named pipe and then perform my writes. Has anyone done this? Am I correct in my evaluation of DBMS_PIPE? If I have to, I can write a ProC program to read from the pipe using DBMS_PIPE and pass the data onto a regular named pipe, but I would rather avoid the extra step. Does anyone know if UTL_FILE will work ok with a pipe file? All info is appreciated.

Keith