Re: Oracle 7.3.3 for NT BUG?

From: Sylvain Leclerc <SLeclerc_at_magrit.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 08:29:36 -0400

We ran into the same problem with two different production databases. It's bug # 511898.
The optimizer screws up the results when it uses a concatenated index in a descending
order while a where clause was set on the index leading part. As a workaround, both
offending indexes were dropped, but an upgrade to 7.3.4 is better.

According to Oracle's bug database, it was solved with 7.3.3.3.

sleclerc_at_magrit.com