Re: Scheduling a Pl/Sql program

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 21:08:27 GMT

How did you verify it doesn't work? Did you check the user_jobs dictionary view? Jobs that fail will be repeated 16 times until they are considered broken (separate column in the view). In your pl/sql code I see a redundant ; and a redundant ' in the call to dbms_job.submit. Chances are dbms_job is very uncritical to the params it is getting and discovering the problem will be postponed until the job is going to run.

Hope this helps,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA