How to use Product_User_Profile table?

From: <skubiszewski_at_Eisner.DECUS.Org>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 19:42:45 GMT

I would like to restrict users from using SQLPLUS. All the users are in the same role (CR_USER). Is there a way to restrict all members of a role using the PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE table?

I'm sketchy on how to use the table but it appears that what I'd like to do is impossible, that you must restrict by logon name (which is alot of work - I have 1300 users.)

If I have to resort to inserting restrictions by username, am I correct in that I must have two entries per user? One to disable SET, the other to disable the ROLE CR_USER?

I'm looking for the minimum amount of restrictions to keep users out of SQLPLUS and inside the custom app. they're supposed to be in.

Thanks for your help,

Rose Received on Fri Sep 25 1998 - 14:42:45 CDT