Delphi and Oracle: data type problem

From: Sheldon Wang <sheldon.wang_at_cdott.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:29:29 -0600

Hi,

I use Delphi as a front-end tool to write application that talks to an Oracle database. I have a problem with the Data Type conversion from Oracle to Delphi. In Oracle tables, I have a field with type NUMBER(10), however when I use Delphi's Field Editor to add the fields in Oracle tables to Delphi application, the NUMBER(10) field in Oracle is converted into TFloatField in Delphi. How does Delphi pick the field type from Oracle tables? I have noticed that sometimes Delphi converts NUMBER(10) to TFloatField, sometimes converts to TIntegerField, why?

Is there a place in the Delphi's IDE where I can set something to specify the data type translation?

I use Oracle7.3, Delphi 3 C/S suite.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sheldon Received on Fri Sep 25 1998 - 12:29:29 CDT