LOBs (CLOB and NLOB) performance on Oracle8.

From: Siong Chan <schan_at_mda.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 09:12:09 -0700

Hi all,

Well, I am currently in the design phase of a database which I have to store large graphic files (500 Mb to 2.1 Gb). I'm currently contemplating storing them in the database using CLOB or NLOB however, I'm worried if there is going to be a performance hit (as the graphic LOB has to be written onto disk first before it is able to be processed by the graphic application. Anyone here who has done this before and can share your experiences and thoughts? Any tips at all will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Siong

--

Siong H. Chan
Software Engineer        Geographical Information Systems