Re: 7.3.4 on Solaris 2.6 installation

From: Frank Zekert <zekert_at_wmd.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 14:05:57 +0200

Hi,
your ORA message sounds a lot like problems regarding shared memory ...
Did you follow the instructions regarding /etc/system in your installation/configuration guide ? take a close look at the semaphore/shared memory settings. here is a living example from one of our machines:

    set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=50000000
    set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
    set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=500
    set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=40
    set semsys:seminfo_semmns=1000
    set semsys:seminfo_semmni=1000
    set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=1024

ALL variables shown have to be set, although we raised them from ORACLEs default values to serve a somewhat larger database ...

another common source of trouble is the correct setting of environment variables, which are best set up STRICTLY as listed in the ICG.

Are you shure that the error message you list is the FIRST one in the installation log ?

Frank

Georg Rehm schrieb in Nachricht
<6uflgc$ml1$1_at_newsserver.rrzn.uni-hannover.de>...

693  ]---------------------------------------------

>Action: Using egrep to search for '%create_db_key_words%' in the file:
>/usr/local/oracle/admin/WG73/create/crdbWG73.lst in order to determine if
the
>'CREATE DATABASE' statement succeeded for the WG73 database.
>Command: (egrep '^ORA-' /usr/local/oracle/admin/WG73/create/crdbWG73.lst),
Out=/usr/local/oracle/product/734/orainst/os.log, Err=/usr/local/oracle/product/734/orainst/os.log
706  ]---------------------------------------------

>Our initial environment for the oracle7 user who is running "orainst"
>looks like this:
>
>export ORACLE_BASE=/usr/local/oracle
>export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/local/oracle/product/734
>export ORACLE_NLS32=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data
>export PATH=$PATH:.:$ORACLE_HOME/bin
>export ORACLE_SID=WG73
>export ORACLE_TERM=vt100
>export TMPDIR=/tmp
>
>export

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/X11/lib:/usr/ccs/ lib:/usr/ucblib

>unset SRCHOME
>unset TWO_TASK
>
>The funny thing is, that another 7.3.4 has been installed on another
>machine (with an identical hardware setup) without any trouble. We
>checked /etc/system on both machines and they are identical, too (as
>some note from the online docs suggested to modify /etc/system) so
>wrong entries in the kernel configuration file cannot be the problem.
>
>Does anybody have an idea what's going on here?
>
>Greetings,
> Georg
>
>P.S. Before you start flaming: Yes, we went through the documentation a
> couple of times ... :-(
>--
>Georg Rehm

georg_at_cl-ki.uni-osnabrueck.de
>Institute for Semantic Information Processing, University of Osnabrueck,
FRG Received on Fri Sep 25 1998 - 07:05:57 CDT