SQL statement using 'IN' clause

From: R Fray <russ_at_u-net.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:15:54 GMT

Hi,

How can I include a wild card match when using the 'IN' clause? Ie, I am wanting to pull out a list of addresses depending on the postcode.

select * from contact where postcode in ('OX6 3NZ', 'OX6 3AZ', etc..)

would work, but what I want to do is :

select * from contact where postcode in ( like 'OX6%', like 'L1%', etc..)

Ie, so I can pull out a lot of postcodes without having to define them all specifically. Is it possible to combine 'IN' and 'LIKE'? Or do I have to use 750 'where' clauses :)

Please cc replies to 'russ_at_u-net.net'

Thanks in anticipation,
Russell.

--

Russell Fray
U-NET Ltd. Received on Fri Sep 25 1998 - 06:15:54 CDT