Re: SQL*Loader Question

From: Mike Daniell <mike_at_helix.com.au>
Date: 1998/09/24

Vijay Damodaran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get a comma separated file containing thousands of records. Each row
> contains 29 columns. I need to
> load the data into a table, but I need only 11 of the 20 columns

etc

Vijay,

I presume from your control file that non of the fields can contain embedded commas. I suggest you use the Unix cut function to remove the unwanted fields from the data file, eg:

  cut -d',' -f1,3,4,5,9,14,15,21,24,25 </tmp/people.list >/tmp/people.cut

Then use /tmp/people.cut as your data file.

Regards,
Mike Received on Thu Sep 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT