Re: Newbie - Need help increasing tablespace..

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 20:41:42 GMT

Basically, someone is trying to create a table within the BTS1_7ns3 tablespace, and there is no more room. What you have to do is either create another datafile for the tablespace or just resize the current one. to resize: alter database datafile 'c:\orant(or whatever your path is)' resize 70m; to add: alter tablespace "BTS1_7ns3" add datafile '(path)' 50m;

In article <6udv9p$lhg$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   bmolish_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Our DBA has left, and I am the new admin person..
> We are using Oracle 7.34 on a NT 4.0 box.
>
> Currently when I run a SQL query I am getting the following error..
>
> ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 1598 in tablespace BTS1_7NS3;
>
> When I check out the tablespace this is what I get..
> By running the following..
>
> select
> tablespace_name,
> sum(bytes),
> max(bytes),
> count(*)
> from dba_free_space
> group by tablespace_name
> order by tablespace_name;
>
> TABLESPACE_NAME SUM(BYTES) MAX(BYTES) COUNT(*)
> ------------------------------ ---------- ---------- ---------
> BTS1_7NS3 44541952 40589312 5
> SYNCHRO_7NS3 5855232 5640192 3
> SYSTEM 10455040 10455040 1
>
> What is the exact command that I need to correct this error..
>
> Thanks..

Satar Naghshineh
Oracle DBA/ UNIX System Admin
Advanced Enterprise Solutions