Re: IMP P08 TO PO7

From: <plomax_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 22:34:43 +0200

This is normal.
If you wish to import into a v7 database and your data is in a v8 db then use v7 exp un/pw_at_SID8 pointing to your v8 database followed by imp un/pw into your v7 database

I do have another alternative of course. This would be to extract your data independent of any version of Oracle, infact even independent of Oracle.
You could use a reasonably priced tool that we have to offer. Downloads into 8bit full NLS,compacted ASCII.
You can then load or pipe this into a version 7 or version 8 database with SQL Loader.
I have recently downloaded and inserted 60MB in eight minutes. The tool PDQOUT => Pretty Damn Quick OUT available for demo at www.oriolecorp.com

Cheers
Peter Lomax - WWW.ORIOLECORP.COM