NLS and Database Size

From: <alanlee1_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 18:28:12 GMT

Hi, I have a world-wide application possibly running on at least 4 languages. I was wondering how can I set up Oracle to run on Unicode (2 bytes)? Is it thru' setting NLS to all languages in init.ora ? Does that mean that all characters on varchar2 or char will automatically "translate" to the prefered langauge setup locally ?

    If I set the character set to unicode, does that mean that every character should be considered as 2 bytes instead of ASCII - 1 byte ?

    Please help !

Alan Lee