Re: Moving an existing Solaris Ora 7.3.3 installation to another server

From: DET <none_at_i_hate_spammers.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 08:13:29 -0700

have never tried it, but this is my understanding:

If you shut down oracle completely, and copy the files to another machine with exactly the same directory tree structure, it should work.

look up "alter database rename file..."

Anyway, if you've got a second machine, give it a try - you'll still have the original instance.

If the directory tree structure is to be different, you will have to rename the datafiles (