db_block_lru_extended_statistics

From: Michael L. Mason <mmason1_at_osf1.gmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:39:19 GMT

Help!

In an attempt to tune our database, I have enabled the above parameter and have looked at the x$kcbrbh table. According to my Database Tuning instructor the 'count' column on said table should have decreasing values. When I looked at the table, I saw values in the 'count' column vary greatly. In buffers 1-50 there were some buffers with anywhere from 1-30 'hits'. However, on buffer number 205 we had 1151 hits. Why would there be so many hits on this particular buffer. I was thinking that it might have something to do with the process that scans for free buffers. Because some buffers stay populated longer than others, these buffers may be skipped when searching for clean ones. Does this sound right?

Thanks!
Mike Received on Thu Sep 24 1998 - 08:39:19 CDT