Data migration from Sybase to Oracle

From: Hakan Yarar <hyarar_at_usa.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:16:35 +0200

Hi all,

Now I'm preparing a data conversion strategy for Sybase to Oracle. It is almost finished, but I have the difficulty with one table which contains IMAGE datatype of Sybase. For the same table, we used BLOB datatype in Oracle. I used "bcp" command of Sybase for exporting data in the tables. Then I tried to execute SQL*Loader. But it gave the error

SQL*Loader-523: error -2 writing to file (Minipic.bad)

So if you have any experience with conversion IMAGE datatype to BLOB. Could you help me?

Kind regards
--
Hakan Yarar, Software Engineer
Pine Tree Graphics A/S, Damhaven 5D Vejle 7100 Denmark Work : +45 75724477 - Fax : +45 75725208 Received on Thu Sep 24 1998 - 04:16:35 CDT