Re: ORA-12154

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: 1998/09/23

For the best results, use the Oracle SqlNet configuration tool(s) - these will insure that your listner.ora and tnsnames.ora are correct - the tool will prompt you for the alias you want to use and that will be your connect string ( ie call it myoracle and the connect string will be @myoracle )

imtiaz1_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>I have novell Netware 3.12 server on which I installed Oracle 7.2 using Oracle
>SPX protocol adapter.
>
>I want to Acess the database from the 95 client. the details are given below.
>

>Server Name is :JC
>Service name is :JC_lsnr
>Protocol is : SPX
>SID : ORCL
>
>Please help me to generate the TNSnamese.ora and LISTENER.ORA as per the
>details given above. What should be the connecting string.
>
>Please help me if there is something to be done during the time of
>Installation. As per the manul there is patchfile STRTL2 patch file which is
>to be installed before using the oracle SPX protocol adapter. which i have
>not found on the given ftp address..
>

>Please do the needful
>
>Regards
>

>Imtiaz

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Wed Sep 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT