different type of image files Oracle can stored

From: <hpcheong_at_ncs.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 02:06:07 GMT

hi,

i like to know what are the different type of image files Oracle can stored cos' i need to stored photos/images in the Oracle table.

So far I know that it will take bmp files. any others?

secondly, what it the difference when we define in the Oracle table with the datatype on the field we want to stored the images using RAW and LONG RAW?

thanks in advance!!

rgds
evelyn.