Re: What tables are schema passwords stored in?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 16:39:12 GMT

A copy of this was sent to lancecarver_at_my-dejanews.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:47:05 GMT, you wrote:

>I am trying to directly (at the table level) change a schema's password. When
>I change the user$.password column to the new encrypted value, the password
>still doesn't take. Does anyone know what tables the password field is
>stored in (v7 and v8)?

updating the data dictionary like that is not a safe thing to do (and besides, the password is cached elsewhere as we only expect it to be changed by the alter user command, not by an update -- thats why it doesn't 'take' until you bounce the instance)....

>Thanks.
>
>Lance Carver

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Wed Sep 23 1998 - 11:39:12 CDT