Re: Oracle 7 to Oracle 8 migration: experiences?

From: natwestccd <dave.hawkins_at_natwestccd.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:40:46 +0100

Shannon Finney & Thomas Judge wrote in message ...
>Anyone care to share their experiences upgrading from Oracle 7 to Oracle
>8? Does the migration utility work as billed, what issues did you
>encounter?
>Especially interested in unix (aix) installations but would like to hear
all.
>thanks
>thomas

We migrated a 350G database using the migration utility under Unix and ended up having to export , drop the tables and re-import the data. Doing this seems to have resolved problems we were having with particual queries (we got 86 core dumps in 12 days betfore this). So my advise, and it is what we will be doing with the other Oracle systems, is to export/s create tablespaces and re-import data

S. holder Received on Wed Sep 23 1998 - 06:40:46 CDT