SQL*Loader Question

From: Vijay Damodaran <vijayd_at_nortel.com>
Date: 1998/09/22

Hi,

I get a comma separated file containing thousands of records. Each row contains 29 columns. I need to
load the data into a table, but I need only 11 of the 20 columns i.e. the table has only 11 columns. The
columns to skip are distributed across the entire row. If they were at the end of the row, then the
columns get skipped automatically. But, how do I tell SQL*Loader to ignore columns via the control
file?

My current control file looks like this (all the fields called "dummy" are the ones that I want to ignore).
It obviously doesn't work, because the dummy columns are not in the table.

Thanks,

regards,
VJ.

load data