SQL Loader reading 18/36 track tapes?

From: New Delhi <rajesh_at_simulate.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 10:57:56 -0400

We get data from our clients as 18/36 track tapes that I would like to read into Oracle databases using SQl * Loader ( on Win NT).
we have a 3480/3490 tape drive to load these tapes into. There was a mention in the SQL Loader docs again that it can read  from tapes. Can you give me some more info on if this is possible and  what the control file needs to look like.

Thanks

Rajesh

honnawarkar_at_synygy.com Received on Tue Sep 22 1998 - 09:57:56 CDT