Re: Running Oracle on HP/EMC

From: Manu <ebontemps_at_altern.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 17:04:43 +0200

Hi,

Yes I'm consultant and I have this experience, here in France, in big Insurrance Company. I have designed a large production on line database (600 Go), not for datawarehouse or somthing like this, but a main database for TP and batch processing.
Our choice was an HP K570 (HP-UX 10.20) and Emc2 symmetrix 3430 with BCV for hot backup, Raid 1 for redondancy and Fiber Channel for connection with hosts.
I made a lot of benchmarks to find a better solution (raw device, stripping, lvm etc.).
My company is Progiware (http://www.progiware.com) We are in Paris, London and Montreal.

Contact us.

Best Regards

Emmanuel BONTEMPS