CPU at 100%

From: Michael Rothwell <michael_rothwell_at_non-hp-usa-om46.om.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 20:20:47 -0700

I have an old system running Oracle 7.2.2 and HPUX 9.4. The hardware is old and slow, but lately seems even slower. Even when I run a query against the data dictionary to view a list of indexes, it takes 25 to 30 seconds to return a list of 81 indexes. Whenever a query is run, the CPU pegs it'self to 100% and stays there for much too long for the type of query being run.

Does anyone know what I should be looking for?

Michael. Received on Mon Sep 21 1998 - 22:20:47 CDT