Personal ORACLE 8

From: Jerry <jcman_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 22 Sep 1998 00:41:42 GMT

I am trying to create a database using Personal Oracle on Win 95. I have set the DBA_AUTORIZATION and ORACLE_SID parameter in the registry, and have used the ORAPWD80 utility (I couldn't find any documentation on this utility by the way). But I cannot connect to the new database as SYSDBA. Do I seem to be missing a step? Is there a naming convention on the password file created by the
utility?
If there is someone who could walk me through creating a database at a high level, I would be very appreciative.
Jerry
jcman_at_worldnet.att.net Received on Mon Sep 21 1998 - 19:41:42 CDT