Re: processes not dying show killed forever

From: Oracleguru <oracleguru_at_mailcity.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 21:47:57 GMT

Hi !!

Did you kill it with a UNIX command ? That seems to be the problem at our shop also.

Get the SID and SERIAL_NO for that process by selecting from v$session.

and then use;

alter system
 kill session ' &SID, &SERIAL_NO'
/

As to why he crashes, I can't say !!

Oracleguru
www.oracleguru.net
oracleguru_at_mailcity.com

dean_at_gfsmortgage.com wrote in article <6u6686$fmt$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...