Questions about use of Oracle's svrmgrl in managing multiple instances

From: Dan Roberts <roberts_D_at_bms.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:23:01 -0500

Hello All

I have some general questions regarding the use of svrmgrl when managing multiple instances.

Generally on my UNIX machine I will do a setenv ORACLE_SID bioinfo2

and then connect to svrmgrl and connect internal and begin looking at some dba tables for whatever reason. Then I realize I want to look at dba tables on the same machine but in an other instance. How do I do so w/o quitting, resetting my ORACLE_SID to something else and starting all over again??

Is there a way to tell svrmrgl to connect to whatever instance when starting the program instead of resetting the ORACLE_SID everytime??

Thnaks!!!>.>DAn

--
NOTE:REMOVE THE *.* in my address for direct replies Dan Roberts
BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB PHARM. RES. CENTER "Nature is last at Bats" PRINCETON, NEW JERSEY U.S.A. PLANET EARTH, MILKY-WAY GALAXY <<<<INTERNET ADDRESS>>>>Roberts_Daniel_G.PriLVMS4_at_MSMAIL.BMS.COM Received on Mon Sep 21 1998 - 15:23:01 CDT