REALLY urgent : Beginner's dumb question (O7.3)

From: Tarek Chouman <tchouman_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 19:06:46 +0200

Hi,
Could someone help me with this ?

I created an additional datafile in my tablespace (2 datafiles). I then noticed that this file was created in the wrong place on my AIX. I removed it using "rm".
My tablespace is offline.
How can I delete the logical reference Oracle has on the datafile which doesn't exist anymore ?
My tablespace cannot be shifted to online (everybody is shouting at me) because the datafile I removed doesn't exist and I cannot find any statement to remove the datafile from Oracle's internal tables. Please help :-O

--

Tarek Chouman
tchouman_at_bigfoot.com