Problem with database startup

From: Patrick S <burcht61_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/09/20

basics : database 7.3.4 on unix aix platform

There are 32 tablespaces on the database. A lot of them are on raid 5, 4 of the most important tablespaces are on raid 1 (mirroring) each on another disk.

disk1 : application 1 (data)
disk2 : application 1 (index)
disk3 : application 2 (data)
disk4 : application 3 (index)

Our unix responsible was convinced he toke a whole backup of all disks. Now while restoring the database he found out that there is no backup of disk4 (there are two backups of disk3 - copy error). This is already so for a few months. We cannot open the database while there is a difference between the sequence numbers in the headers of the datafiles and the references in the controlfile.

How can we restart the database (open). The tablespace on disk4 can be removed because it contains only indexes ?

Patrick SOETENS
Belgium
burcht61_at_hotmail.com
bf000232_at_glo.be Received on Sun Sep 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT